Each class follows a series of 12 agility activities to improve balance and mobility, brain fitness, dexterity, flexibility, gross motor skills, range of motion, flow, strength, mood, self-esteem, and psycho-social skills, usually accompanied by music. Wellness tips for functional fitness and for activities of daily life are peppered throughout.
Each class is 20 – 60 minutes and may be done by individuals and groups of all sizes and abilities whether seated or standing. Adaptations for the frail or bed-bound are offered as part of our instructor mentoring. Each class is led by a certified Agile Aging instructor, or by Valerie herself on our DVDs.
Unique aspects of each Agile Aging class are
• agility activities to enhance proprioception, sensory integration, and dynamic balance
• guided imagery with movement
• movement-based brain fitness
• movements of the natural world and festivals of each season
• fun, enhanced by props, music and games.
On-going community classes in Agile Aging are being held in
and in private continuing care communities across the US.